Thursday 6 November 2014

NaNoWriMo Day 06

Today I wrote 4.5k on the mage story but made no advance whatsoever on the prisoner one. I am feeling this is probably a better strategy, one day each, around 5k works every time. Easier to focus that way.

Most of these words were written under a "word war". Some of the people on facebook group were going for it and I joined in. We did four 20 minute long writing bursts and then did the word count afterwards. A good way to make you focus on the story and just plow through whatever block or doubt you may have on the story. Not great writing but not terrible either. Maybe the seeds for some ideas, for some character and setting were sown. I do know I stayed more with  dialogue rather than with description. Somehow that's always the toughest (perhaps because I find it the most boring...) part for me.
All in all... a good day ;)

Now I'm taking my time to look over some notes, figure out if I'm gonna write a little bit more today but - particularly - what I will write tomorrow. Hopefully then this headache will be gone and it will be easier to stay on top of things ;)

Peace.

No comments: